Thank you for your interest in your child joining the school band in 2022 .
We would love to help your child make music next year!
Band Program Structure
Rehearsal (all students work together in a full band setting) – once a week, generally before or after school for 30-60 minutes
Tuition (students work in small groups or individually to learn to play their instrument) – 30 minute lesson per week, usually on the same day as rehearsal
Students attend both rehearsal and tuition at school. Regular practise at home (3-4 times a week) is essential.
Band Program Costs
Rehearsal & Tuition Fees – there are two main tuition options available to parents.
- Group tuition (average of 5 per group) is the most affordable and includes the cost of band rehearsal. Group tuition + band rehearsal = $195 per term *RECOMENDED FOR NEW BEGINNERS*
- Individual tuition is not available at all schools and much more more expensive. Individual tuition ($425) + band rehearsal fee ($95) = $520 per term. Please ring the TSA office prior to enrolment if interested in this option.
Instrument – students must have their own instrument and TSA offers three easy options
- HIRE – rent-to-buy scheme starting at $43 per month
- BUY NEW – quality new instruments available for purchase at special prices
- SECONDHAND – quality secondhand instruments in excellent condition that have been serviced and come with a balance of warranty. Please ring the TSA office for secondhand purchases.
- enrolment fee ($30)
- music stand ($25)
- TSA resource levy ($10 per term)
- some instruments need occasional items such as reeds, strings, grease or oil (between $10-$50 each year)
- some schools charge a facility hire fee ($10-$30 per term)
Steps to Enrolment:
1. New to band and music? Unsure where to start? Watch our band demonstration video
3. Attend a Parent Information Webinar
4. Enrol online from 1 November